Ok so I figured I would share with yall some of the decisions my husband and I are making when it comes to our baby and my delivery. I dont judge anyone on what they do or the decsions they make when if comes to this topic. I personally think everyone should do what works best for them and at the end of the day its just a plan and you can only hope that everything will work out the way you would like. I felt that by educating myself and reading about different options that are available to you during pregnancy that my husband and I would do what we feel is right for us and our family. So I just wanted to be open and I have personal reasons on why I am making the decisions I am as far as my birth plan. If any of you have not watched the Business of Being Born I would highly recommend watching it!http://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/ I interviewed several doctors and decided since I am technically paying them to bring the most precious thing in the world to me into this world that I wanted to make sure they were on board with my birth plan. I was rejected by a few doctors due to my plan and finally found a dr who agreed to work with me and my birth plan. My doctor has several midwifes and if there are no complications ( praying that there is not) my midwife will deliver our baby boy.
My Birth Plan for Baby Miller
1. I am going to try to deliver my baby naturally with no epidural/pain medicines.
2. I am going to reach down and physically pull our baby out myself.
3. We are not immediately cutting the umbilical chord but are letting the chord pulsate and once the chord has completely pulsated my husband will cut the chord.
4. We are not letting the nurse take the baby and weigh and wipe him down but are choosing to have immediate skin to skin contact & begin to breast feed.
5. We will not bath our baby for at least a week.
6. They will not take the baby out of our sight unless there is a medical emergency.
7. I will labor in positions I feel that are comfortable ( not laying down.. but instead standing up .. or on a ball)
8. If the baby has not turned we will not consider a c section but will seek out alternative medicine such as acupuncture to naturally help the baby turn.
9. I will not be induced (unless myself or the baby is at risk) So no pitocin.
10. No Episiotomy
11. We are not doing a Vitamin K shot
12. No eye drops in our babies eyes ( I don't have any STDS this is the ONLY reason for the eye drops) I don't want any antibiotics in my babies body.
13. I am planning on breast feeding our baby. I know its challenging and I am hoping I will be able to and have a good milk supply. ( I did read that their are natural supplements you can take that will increase your milk supply) they are called Fenugreek and milkmaid tea
Thats my plan! My goal is the least amount of medical intervention as possible. I would suggest reading and educating yourself before your choose to do the "traditional" guidlines that doctors follow because I would not have thought I would have made some of the decisions that I am making had I not taken the time to read about what my options are.